The Person Behind The Posts

Sunday, September 07, 2008

You Know Moshiach is Real When...

I consistently trade powerful words of Torah and chizuk with my spiritual sisters in Israel by email. Usually, we send each other inspiring articles, written by others. Occasionally, we inspire each other with our original thoughts.

I just got an email from one of my spiritual sisters who reports that her young son asked her, "If Moshiach comes today, can I stay home from Gan?"

There's no doubt that Moshiach is quite real in that household.

1 comment:

rutimizrachi said...

Beautiful!

On the last challah taken before Tisha b'Av 5759, when he was 7 years old, Aryeh said, "Ema, can we save this challah until after Moshiach's birthday party, so we can give it to the Kohanim?"

We kept that piece of challah for a long time, before we were willing to concede that Moshiach's "birthday party" hadn't yet come.

Any minute now, though...

Until then, the simple faith of kids keeps us going.